- Drink plenty of fluids every day during treatment.
- Wash , shower or bath as normal during treatment using a simple or baby soap, taking care to pat dry the area being treated, rather than rubbing it.
- Don't put creams or deodorants on the treated area as these may worsen your skin reaction.
Implementation of the W.H.O. project on prevention and control of cervical cancer by PAP SMEAR.
Briefly, the following are the activities carried out by the Society under this project:
- Training of ANM’s in three batch completed in Sept 2006.
- Training of MO’s of DMHO’s East Khasi Hills in two batches completed in October 2006. Both the training was carried out under the supervision of the Medical Superintendent, Ganesh Das Hospital Shillong.
- Raining on Paliative Care
- Setting up of two Pap smear Centers i.e at Ganesh Das and Civil Hospital Shillong.
- Translation of Education materials and mass Printing of the same completed from September 2006 and distributed to various hospitals.
- Twenty five camps on prevention and Control of Cervical Cancer by Pap smear completed.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated: 15-11-2017
Do's and Don’ts
What is Radiation Therapy?
What is Cobalt Machine?
Why Cobalt-60 Machine?
What are the Goals of Radiation Therapy?
How Does Radiotherapy Work?