- Drink plenty of fluids every day during treatment.
- Wash , shower or bath as normal during treatment using a simple or baby soap, taking care to pat dry the area being treated, rather than rubbing it.
- Don't put creams or deodorants on the treated area as these may worsen your skin reaction.
Components of the Grant-In-Aid as projected by the State Cancer Society of Meghalaya to the Government.
The Grant-in-aid is for the purchase of one unit of Tele cobalt machine. The State Cancer Society of Meghalaya projected the following components which consist of:-
- Decommission of the old Gammarex machine.
- Renovation of the old Gamarex Room to install a new Cobalt Machine according to BARC direction for the purpose of Radiation Safety.
- Purchase of Cobalt-60 and accessories and Monitoring Equipments.
- Purchase of 3D Treatment Planning System (TPS).
- Purchase of Mould Room Paraphernalia’s.
- Disposal of the decayed Cobalt Source.
- Inspection and Commission of the Cobalt Machine by experience Medical Physicists from established Cancer Institute.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated: 15-11-2017
Do's and Don’ts
What is Radiation Therapy?
What is Cobalt Machine?
Why Cobalt-60 Machine?
What are the Goals of Radiation Therapy?
How Does Radiotherapy Work?