- Drink plenty of fluids every day during treatment.
- Wash , shower or bath as normal during treatment using a simple or baby soap, taking care to pat dry the area being treated, rather than rubbing it.
- Don't put creams or deodorants on the treated area as these may worsen your skin reaction.
Different Funds Received by the State Cancer Society of Meghalaya
- First Fund : From the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India under the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) .This fund is for District Cancer Control Programme for East Khasi Hills District.
- Second Fund : From the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India on April 22 ,2005, under the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP). This is for the Purchase of one unit of Telecobalt machine at Civil Hospital Shillong for the purpose of development of Oncology wing at this Hospital. The State Cancer Society of Meghalaya has successfully completed this programme by Installation of Cobalt Machine and its accessories, etc
- Treatment Planning System.
- Mould Room.
- Third Fund : W.H.O. Project, for Implementation of Hospital Base Pilot Project for Prevention & Control of Cervical Cancer by Pap smear ( May 2006- May 2007 ) The aim of this project is to educate married ladies for the Prevention aspect of Cancer of the Cervix. Program successfully completed.
- Fourth Fund : ICMR Project, Bangalore , Development of Cancer Atlas in North East India - Ongoing project ICMR.
- 2005-2007 Hospital Base Cancer Registry.
- 2008- Population Base Cancer Registry.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated: 15-11-2017
Do's and Don’ts
What is Radiation Therapy?
What is Cobalt Machine?
Why Cobalt-60 Machine?
What are the Goals of Radiation Therapy?
How Does Radiotherapy Work?