- Drink plenty of fluids every day during treatment.
- Wash , shower or bath as normal during treatment using a simple or baby soap, taking care to pat dry the area being treated, rather than rubbing it.
- Don't put creams or deodorants on the treated area as these may worsen your skin reaction.
Cancer Events conducted by the Department
Cancer Events conducted by the Department:
- World Cancer Day was celebrated on every 4th February of the year at Oncology Department OPD, Civil Hospital Shillong.
- World No Tobacco Day was celebrated on 30th of May via Media communication and in the Hospital.
- Cancer Survivor Day was celebrated on 6th June of every year in the Hospital premises.
- Breast Cancer Awareness month celebrated in the month of October every year in the Oncology Department for the cancer patients and their relatives.
- Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated on 7th November of every year in OPD for the patients and their relatives.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated: 29-03-2022
Do's and Don’ts
What is Radiation Therapy?
What is Cobalt Machine?
Why Cobalt-60 Machine?
What are the Goals of Radiation Therapy?
How Does Radiotherapy Work?