- Drink plenty of fluids every day during treatment.
- Wash , shower or bath as normal during treatment using a simple or baby soap, taking care to pat dry the area being treated, rather than rubbing it.
- Don't put creams or deodorants on the treated area as these may worsen your skin reaction.
Developement of Oncology wing civil hospital, Shilong.
The purchase of Cobalt-60 Machine: - Central & State contribution
The main objective of setting up of Cobalt-60 Machine in Civil Hospital Shillong is
- To treat the Cancer patients.
- To utilize the expert personnel of the state in the field of radiation therapy.
- To make people aware on the availability of treatment facility.
- It has fulfilled the direction of the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India that every state government should have cancer treatment facilities.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated: 15-11-2017
Do's and Don’ts
What is Radiation Therapy?
What is Cobalt Machine?
Why Cobalt-60 Machine?
What are the Goals of Radiation Therapy?
How Does Radiotherapy Work?